Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HEAT, GLORIOUS HEAT!

Yes folks...on Thursday last, our heating stars finally re-aligned and/or Fidel and his crew finally re-attached our heating vents. Either way, we now have a warm house and I am still in celebration mode. There may come a day when I will once again take a warm house for granted, but that is not this day. And so I’ve written a short poem for you:

ODE TO A WARM HOUSE

There once was a family all cozy,
with cheeks so pink and rosy;
They frolicked about
and never had gout;
In their warm little house, they were toasty.

But one day an evil came lurking,
disguised as a crew of men working.
Vents were ripped out,
of this there’s no doubt;
And in came the cold air, a’smirking.

Oh my! Mother cried,
Oh dear! Father sighed;
Whatever shall we do?
But the children were tough,
they wore blankets and stuff;
And never got in a stew.

Many a cold and frosty day passed,
With the family growing frailer, alas;
But before hypothermia set in,
The vents were installed again;
And the family cried, "Heat! At last!"

So if you are trying to weather a storm,
or find yourself sad and forlorn;
Stop your stressing,
and count just one blessing,
the fact that your house is warm!

You probably didn't know I was a poet, eh? And I can tell you're still not sure. But that's okay, because I'm pretty sure even Longfellow and Frost had their share of doubters.

I have a lot of family news for you...very interesting stuff...but it'll have to wait. Writing poetry really takes it out of me.

I had two beef and bean burritos from the convenience store for lunch. These burritos are only available on Wednesdays and are "homemade" and very tasty. They come with a little container of homemade salsa, but you have to ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment