Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Is this better?

Hello.

So my goal is shorter posts, but more frequent ones. Of course, I can’t promise anything.

Here’s my news:

Emily got a "recruitment" call from one of the history professors at her college of choice the other night. I listened in on her side of the conversation (of course) and noticed her replies consisted of "yeah" or "I don’t know", with an occasional "cool" thrown in for good measure. She also did a fair amount of giggling. After she hung up, I told her she sounded like a total bimbo and I don’t think she appreciated my candor. But to give her credit, I think the call caught her off guard and she’ll do better next time. And hopefully, scholarships aren’t based on these phone calls.

Rachel is taking perky to a whole new level these days. I could blame it on a lot of interesting happenings in her life right now...new texting contacts, additional stunting opportunities, cute new scrubs from Walmart...to name a few. But I really think it’s because she’s had an inordinate amount of good hair days lately.

David won a medal in his cross country meet yesterday...for placing 13th! I think I could totally embrace this sport were it not for the weather thing. It was so cold and windy at this meet that I stayed in the car most of the afternoon, telling Dave to call me only when David was literally taking off his sweats at the starting line. And then of course I felt totally ashamed when I saw other parents out there supporting the team, even though their kids had already run. And I hoped they hadn’t seen me huddled in my car and munching on my Cheezits while their kids were running. But seriously, I’m pretty sure I have some kind of disorder that makes me colder than most people.

Dave keeps asking me where I want this and where I want that in the basement. And I hate it...and he knows it. But I do try to be cooperative. So I will say, okay I want the bathroom here. And he says well that’s a bad place because the vents are there. So I say, okay how about over here. And he says no because we don’t want the window well in the bathroom. So I say, okay what about over there, and he says the staircase will be in the way. So I say, and by this time I’m frustrated but who wouldn’t be, why don’t you just decide? And that frustrates him for some reason. So that’s some fun stuff.

And finally, I’m doing pretty good except for my eye waters all the time. And I’ve been wondering why the nails on my left hand grow so much faster than the nails on my right hand.

And I had a cheap chicken pot pie for lunch. But I picked the chicken out.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the blog! Missing you! Was jealous that our hubbies talked tonight! We really want to plan a trip out to Hugoton this year...so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find this because I know I will always get my laugh for the day when reading what you have to say!!

    ReplyDelete