Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who would do such a thing?

Breaking news. Dave is pretty sure one of his pumpkins has disappeared from the display. He thinks he had 12 out there and now we are down to 11. I showed him the picture in the paper of our pumpkins (yes there’s a picture in the paper) and counted 11 pumpkins in the picture. But he’s still skeptical. Maybe the picture was taken AFTER the pumpkin “disappeared.” Personally I feel that anyone who would steal a pumpkin, probably NEEDS a pumpkin. Kind of like stealing a Bible, don’t you think?

And breaking news on the basement. They poured the floor yesterday…so when Dave forced me to go down there tonight to look around, I had to admit that this might actually be happening. And besides seeing some progress, I’ve also noted that the diesel fumes and ominous noises have stopped. Of course, while I’m in my bathroom, I usually overhear the men conversing down there (and that’s not creepy at all). But since they’re talking in Spanish, I don’t understand too much of what they say. Sometimes I like to make up stuff they might be saying. Like, “Hey Fidel, let’s stand under this vent and talk Spanish to scare that lady in the house.” And Fidel replies, “Yeah, and then let’s drink some Orange Crush.” Because I’ve seen the empty bottles. But that’s probably not what they’re saying.

Sorry I have nothing on the children today. They have been very normal and well-behaved of late. Little Stepford children really. Maybe knowing that their every quirky move will show up in this blog is having a chilling effect on them.

I probably need to go to bed anyway. But I wanted you to know I had a grilled chicken sandwich and Pringles for lunch today.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your post out loud to Doug. We laughed and he said, and I quote, "Comment! And tell her that everytime we read her blog it makes us think we should have never left Hugoton. That place was really pretty great. I miss that family." Not sure I was supposed to write all of that but it is true! Miss y'all. And tell Emily congrats on being up for homecoming queen.

    ReplyDelete