Friday, December 18, 2009

Snippets.

Last night I was told by someone normally very sweet that my blog was BORING. After the initial shock (not over her THINKING my blog was boring, but over her TELLING me it was boring) I picked up my bootstraps and determined to try to liven up my posts. Spice things up a bit, you know. Then I remembered my subject, which is my admittedly prosaic life, and decided maybe it wasn’t possible. But I am considering making a concerted effort to shorten my tirades. If that will help.

So what do I have for you today? I have this dear friend who showed me these cute pictures she took of her kids in front of her Christmas tree, so I tried that last night with my children. They were all dressed up in their Christmas concert finery, so it seemed like a good time to capture the moment. But David was uncooperative (as usual) and it turns out I have a kind of proportion problem. I mean either my children are way too big or my tree is way too small, because all you can see behind the giant children in front is the star on top. And so that was a bust.

But the concert was nice, all Christmassy and everything, except for maybe the moment when the band director publicly chastised some kids in the audience for talking, and I noticed my son was sitting in the general vicinity. He later denied being part of the problem, but I didn't buy what he was selling because he does love to socialize.

Then after the concert, I got rooked into buying some seriously overpriced leftover cinnamon rolls from the Band Boosters, which wouldn't have bothered me so much if they had been good, but they weren't. So that was a downer. And okay, maybe this stuff isn't exactly riveting...but it's all I have. At least for today.

And for lunch, I had both chicken soup AND broccoli soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment