Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ALL ABOUT EMILY

Emily can’t seem to get ready for school these days without mishap. Yesterday she burned herself with the straightener, and this morning she gagged herself with her toothbrush and actually threw up. Poor thing. If things don’t improve, I’m not sure how I can send her off to college.

I would blame her distraction on the stress of going dateless to prom but she keeps insisting that it doesn’t bother her. When I told her last night that I’d blogged about it and about how PATHETIC her prom pictures will be, she told me she has this diabolical plan to sneak into ALL of Koy and Rachel’s prom pictures. Which I’m sorry to admit actually appeals to me because it will make such a great Facebook album. The dateless girl in the background of every shot. Haha. I can’t wait. But don’t tell Rachel.

Anyway, Emily also told me last night that one guy actually told her he was GOING to ask her to prom but decided to ask someone else instead. Which makes this guy sound totally cruel, but I’m choosing to believe he’s just totally clueless. I think he thought the knowledge that someone at least THOUGHT about asking her would be a comfort to her. Silly, silly boys. I’m making a list of do’s and don’ts for David for when he enters the dating arena, and it is getting longer by the minute.

But the real reason I am babbling about Emily today, is because it leads me into the half-apology I need to offer to my nephew Ben. Because I kind of called him ignorant in yesterday’s post, and I hope he knows I was just kidding around. The bottom line is Ben is one of the smartest people I know, as evidenced this weekend when he told Emily in no uncertain terms, to quit giving the time of day to guys who haven’t been good to her in the past. Which is such a spot-on prescription for what ails her, that I am assured that IF an answer to my hive-condition exists, Ben will no doubt find it.

So I have some fun stuff about Rachel and David too, but it will have to wait.

I had a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats for lunch, and two Peeps for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment