Saturday, April 17, 2010

THE BIG CHEESE

We are breathing a BIG sigh of relief around here today because cheer tryouts went well. I wasn’t overly concerned about it until last night when Dave found Rachel on the couch in the fetal position moaning something about not having a "cheesy face". I guess the cheer coach told her to cheese it up more and she felt she was giving it all the cheese she had. Sure enough, when we compared her cheese face with Emily’s, we could see there was a problem. We think it has something to do with her little mouth. But all’s well that ends well because she made the squad anyway. Either the judges didn’t notice the problem or she somehow dug deep and brought out some extra cheese. We are also excited because now we don’t have to drop everything we’re doing every hour or so and move the furniture out of the way so she can show us her cheers. The child became a little tyrant really, and I humored her because I could tell she was nervous. See, I’m not such a bad mother.

David’s been in trouble lately for several things. One was not turning off the crock pot when I reminded him several times. The other was for being disrespectful to Dave and me. I assigned him a score of punishments because I like to overreact to things. One thing I made him do was write letters of apology to us. I found them on the kitchen table the next day and they were thoughtful enough but they were also slightly Eddie Haskell-esque. He opened mine with "Dear Shelley" and talked about how "Dave" and I do so much for him. Should I punish him some more?

That’s all for now, but I had another turkey sandwich for lunch and this time I made it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment