Thursday, April 15, 2010

THE FIELD TRIP

Last weekend, Emily went to Dallas with the seniors from her Fashion Marketing class. This EDUCATIONAL field trip included going to the market, seeing a fashion show, and eating one night at a revolving restaurant where the bill for the six of them was over $400. I will probably always resent the fact that she didn’t figure out a way to bring me along on this trip as a sponsor. I mean I’ve paid my dues, haven’t I? I’ve spent literally HOURS herding her and her classmates through smelly zoos, less-than-fascinating western landmarks, and even around the rim of a volcano (which sounds pretty cool but was just brutal for a person like me). And I don’t recall eating anything on any of those trips besides a sack lunch that I prepared myself. And on several of those trips I made the mistake of packing myself a dreaded LUNCHABLE. Handy and convenient, yes. But seriously, does anyone really enjoy those 3-inch pizzas with their cold cracker crusts and sauce that you have to spread yourself with a little plastic stick? Anyway, so you can see why I felt cheated when I wasn’t welcome as a sponsor for the Dallas trip. I am going to try to remember this on those days when I feel I haven’t sacrificed enough for my children.

Oh, there’s so much more to say. But I have to get to a middle school track meet. And I apologize for promising a blog post earlier and not following through...but I decided it might be wise to do my tax return first. See, I’m not totally irresponsible.

I had a delicious turkey sandwich for lunch. My husband, who worked from home today, made it for me and delivered it to my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment