Tuesday, June 8, 2010

JINX, SCHMINX

I hate to keep ragging on my personal trainer, but she is definitely slacking on the job. For one thing, our last session was one whole week ago, and then we mainly just stretched while watching "In the Land of Women." (I don’t care for the movie itself, but I think Adam Brody is funny...and I especially like the scene where the grandma sheepishly informs her grandson (played by Adam) that the toilet "might be" stopped up.) Now she (my personal trainer) has gone off to Girls’ State, but before she left she informed me I could continue my training without her. Funny, eh? It’s not that I mind stretching a bit while watching bad movies, but then she had the nerve to mention that I could also burn calories by performing ORDINARY HOUSEHOLD CHORES while she’s gone. She can be a real comedienne at times. And it’s becoming clear to me that personal training may not be her thing.

I hesitate to write this next thing...for fear of jinxing something. I profess not to believe in jinxes or any kind of "luck"...but what if I’m wrong? Anyway, the point is that David has somehow, some way, developed some real baseball skills. He’s catching fly balls on the dive, consistently getting hits, and racking up the RBIs. I know it’s not flattering to the boy, but I have to admit that everyone is a bit shocked by this turn of events. Even David.

Early yesterday morning, I was awakened by some serious thunder and lightning and the next thing I knew, the bells (or chimes) at the church two doors down started pealing (or chiming). This has happened several times since we've lived near the church. I don't know if lightning actually strikes the tower, or if the bells just feel a need to join God's display. Either way, I pretty much love it. There's something about hearing church bells chiming out an old hymn (especially at 5:42 a.m.) that actually makes me smile. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy it EVERY night, but on an occasional basis, it's refreshing.

I had nachos (grandmother style) for lunch and I made them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment