Thursday, June 24, 2010

THIS IS NOT THAT POST

My family gathered this past weekend in H-, O- for my nephew’s wedding. Once again I find myself writing in the style of Victor (Hugo) who used that "first initial with a hyphen" technique any time he didn’t want to identify a specific place. We’re like twins...Victor and I.

But anyway, I think I’m the official WEDDING BLOGGER. Although I noticed I wasn’t mentioned in the program, but that was probably just an oversight. Because I am NOT self-appointed...like one of the wedding MUSICIANS might have been. Seriously, the bride herself asked me to blog...and so I shall. But this is not that post. Just as Rome wasn’t built in a day...so my wedding posts (I anticipate a series of 7) will take some time to create. I’m still toying with the title for one thing. Here are a few I’ve considered:

The Wedding of Ben and Courtney...Characters Welcome

Anatomy of a Perfect Wedding (note the medical reference...)

and my personal favorite,

Ben and Courtney’s Wedding...aka SweatFest 2010.

But today I just want to get an update out...on the more mundane aspects of our lives. So here goes...

Emily: Still working 8 to 5...and still trying to get us to feel sorry for her but not really succeeding. Except for this morning when she tried to leave the house at 7 a.m. because she read the clock wrong. Like father, like daughter.

Rachel: Making slight improvements as my personal trainer...until two nights ago when she wanted me to join her for "hard-body yoga". The Warrior stance was nice...but Downward Dog? I don’t think so.

David: Out of baseball slump which is good, but forced us to go with him to practice parallel parking last night which is bad. More like brutal.

Dave: Had heyday at Sam’s today...basically, he’s never met a bulk food he didn’t like.

Me: Lady at my office asked me how to spell berserk yesterday and I got it right on the first try. I’m pretty sure I have the spelling gene, which I’ve heard has nothing to do with intelligence...but I don’t believe it.

I had tuna and Wheat Thins again for lunch. Really, this combination can’t be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment